Wednesday, August 18, 2010

MnB Exclusive Interview with Big Z


Music & Babes: Interview with Big Z of Big Z Remixes

Q: Big Z, why don’t you start by giving us a little background on yourself and how you got started in the music industry?

A: Most people don’t know that I’m only 16 and just started all this around a year ago. I started playin guitar a few years ago and recorded indie songs with my neighbor and my brother Chad. Then I decided to put some rap acapellas over the songs I was recording to make them sound more interesting and that’s when I started makin these remixes.

Q: People know your remixes but what people may not know is that you also work with up and coming rappers, recording them on your beats in the studio, or sending them your beats to work on themselves. Tell us more about this side of your work and who you’ve worked with so far.

A: Its a lot better to work with up and coming rappers than just recordings of the most famous ones. Its cool to see what people do with the beats you send them. I’ve worked with Loggy from California, a rapper from DC, and some local rappers too.

Q: Straight up, What’s next for Big Z?

A: New album in september

Q: Tell us what goes into making a quality beat. Where do you start? What part gives you the most trouble?

A: I guess I just fuck around with my guitar or synth until something sounds good then I build on it from there. And I like to make at least two different parts to every beat cause most beats now are the same loop with the whole song and it gets so boring so I try to change it up. So the hardest part is probably thinking of the second or third part of a beat.

Q: If you could produce a song by anyone in rap game now, who would it be?

A: J. Cole

Q: Do, kill, marry: Beyonce, Katy Perry, Ke$ha.

A: I would probably do Katy Perry and marry Beyonce so I could do her for the rest of my life and I would off Kesha.

Q: What’s you’re favorite song of all-time, if you don’t have one, favorite band, group, or artist? Did you have any inspirations to get started in the music industry?

A: My favorite album right now is Below The Heavens by Blu & Exile and my favorite band has always been Ratatat. The only music that I can’t stand is country

Q: Describe the style of your beats with just one word.

A: Chill

Q: Big Z, thanks for giving us a little bit about yourself and hopefully well see some more new Big Z on MusicNBabes.Blogspot.com in the near future. What do you say? Any last thing’s you’d like to share with our viewers?

A: Much more music to come, thanks MusicNBabes for makin a site dedicated to two of the most important things in life

That's whats up, Big Z sharin some time with MusicNBabes for this exclusive MnB interview. As he said, he's got a new album comin in September and you can download Big Z's current discography of 2 albums in the file below.





Download: Big Z Remixes


Also Download this Track Produced by Big Z: The Real (Produced by Big Z) - Loggy

No comments:

Post a Comment